Friday, November 7, 2008

How much is too much

Just this past Saturday, November 1, I took on too much. You see, we don't do Halloween, so we decide to have a Harvest Festival for the children at church, me forgetting I had to do a baby shower the same day. I was exhausted.

I got up around 6:00a.m. Saturday morning, did my meditation and read my scripture. Then I had to go to the store and pick up the rest of the supplies for the Harvest Festival. Went to the festival, had lots of Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun. Finished at 1:30p.m., and then I had to get everything ready for the baby shower at 3:00 p.m., games, gifts, and some of the food. Got to the shower and had a lot of fun. Wrapped it up around 6:45 p.m., sent everyone home and cleaned up. I didn't have to do much because it was at Comfort Suites, one of their conference rooms, so I didn't have to stack chairs or tables, thank God. I went home around 7:30p.m.

Came home to a house full of sugar - high children, I was so tired. I had to spend quality time with them. I think I finally went to bed around 2:00a.m., I'm not sure. I had to spend some time with My Knight, so we sat up and talked a little because I hadn't seen him all day.

We need to take time and realize that we can not do it all. WOMEN. We are extraordinary beings, that's the way God designed us, but he gives us wisdom to know when too much is too much. So we have to consider that we are super wives, mothers, friends, co-workers and so on, but we have our limits. We need to use what God gave us and take care of ourselves. That's why I'm going to do as the song says, One Day at a Time, and find my secret place in God. He will give me the peace I need to continue each day in harmony.

0 comments: